Monday, December 10, 2012

A bunch of pages to a wonderful day.



Tis the season for countdowns.  Every year I have had a countdown until christmas since I was little.  Whether it was a rectangle with 25 windows filled with tiny milk chocolates or a paper chain going across my room, I have counted every step of the way of this journey to Christmas day.  Counting down makes you THAT much more excited for the day, and it makes the special day THAT much more fulfilling.  This year my countdown is a little different.. instead of Christmas, I am counting down for two exciting major events that happen to be happening on the same day that cannot come here soon enough.. the first being that Ty is coming home. I repeat.  He. Is. Coming. Home.  This means that I will be able to see him.. in person. How can this day get any better you ask?  It can by the the second event that is happening..  we will be flying to Paris later that same day.

Because this day is so eventful, a countdown was in order.  I took pages from a book, and printed numbers on them one by one-- varying fonts occasionally to add some pizzaz. I taped those pages to my wall (that was in major need of some tender loving care) and above those pages, I printed off images and words to create the title of my countdown: "Paris is always a good idea" from the lovely Audrey Hepburn.  Every day that passes, I put a tiny black dot in the corner of a page.  I was going to take a page down everyday, but I love how it makes my wall look so I decided to keep them all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment