Tuesday, August 14, 2012

10 things I learned


During my 3 weeks up at summer school.

1.  Leaving a banana in your car to save it for later is a bad idea.  You just end up coming back to a black banana and a car smelling like banana bread... I’m seeing pros and cons to this situation.

2.  Bees like turkey, especially turkey from Kneaders.  And they also like taking over my eating area because they know they can. They know I’ll go sprinting across the yard if they come close. You win bees, you win.

3.  Art students should always have two copies of a project: {1} A copy that you personally love and don’t want to change and {2} a copy for your professor and of all his corrections.. {..that totally ruin the project.} Whaaat?

4.  High waist shorts make me sick.  Maybe I’m allergic to them, who knows. 

5.  After what I like to call "retiring" from college soccer, exercising is the last thing I want to do.  So I haven't. But for some reason my calves like to get extremely sore as if I had just run a marathon.  I wake up waddling, trying to think of any slight incline I may have walked up, or any physical activity I could have subconsciously participated in.  And all ideas lead to no.  Yikes, I'm embarrassed.

6.  Red lipstick makes you look smarter.  It’s kinda like glasses for people who don’t need them and are too scared to wear the fake ones.

7.  Instagram is the new Facebook and Pinterest. Oh I’ll just look for a second {hour} before I start my homework.

8.  The gym is not necessary when your front door is practically glued to the frame.  You get enough of a workout football-tackling the door only for it to crack the slightest bit..  And repeat.

9.  Keeping my phone’s camera roll below 1,200 pictures is virtually impossible.  I’ll delete 200 pictures, then 300 suddenly appear out of no where that night.  How did this happen.

10.  Staring at your school project all day long will leave you with a sense of self confusion and will have you and your TA asking, “Who am I? What am I doing? Is this selected? I swear I just did that. What is happening. I really don’t even know who I am anymore.”  School projects take you to another world you never even knew existed.

No comments:

Post a Comment